08 February 2007

the happs

first off:
she's sleeping right now, and the lady with the dog that visits hospitals is hanging out in the room, so she's tended to while I find email, food and coffee.

I'm in the "parent's resource center" at childrens hospital. since LAST week, Sprout has been vomiting.. losing conciousness.. and vomiting blood.

we went to the ER wednesday, thursday (where we were until 9am friday) and again Saturday. Yesterday, when we thought we were better? she got to school.. and promptly started vomiting blood again.. back to the ER..

We were admitted last night.. what they originally told me was some freak flu strain.. is actually a mass of unknown origin in her abdomen. they are uhm.. "cleaning her pipes" so that they can get a better look at what's going on in there.

Needless to say.. I'm freaked, worried, and annoyed they kept telling me its the flu.

the good news? there is a coffee hut inside the building open from 6am-2pm.

bad: my ex-stepfather's sister is the lady who works it. awkward.

bad: we were not packed to stay here. my mom got me some things, brought me some 'extra' things.. like two sticks of deoderant- but did not bring my toothbrush or toothpaste. i'm dressed in my gym clothes because i was going to physical therapy when cait got sick. my kingdom for a tshirt, clean socks. decent food and a toothbrush.

i'll post more when i know something useful.

No comments: