One of those events that took up a large junk of our time was the carnival. Over the weekend Sprout's elementary school had their annual carnival. She and I ran one of the games for the first portion of the evening (basketball throw). Then we bought some game tickets, $5 worth of basket raffle tickets (each grade donated items along certain themes to raffle off) and had some carnival snacks. We put in for our raffles and Sprout wheeled off with some friends to win herself some prize tickets.
And win she did. Sprout came back to me heavily laden with prize tickets. In the library she exchanged them for a disco light- much like this one, only not exactly. Hers is a tad flashier. Its just the super gaudy thing an eleven year old girl needs for her bedroom.
This morning while dropping her off at school, it seems that our $5 investment paid off. We won the "movie night" basket.
Our booty includes:
- a lovely 15" wide hexagon shaped wicker basket (I am thinking perfect container to store puppy toys)
- a small wooden snack/ popcorn bowl
- two fall themed mugs
- one box of swiss miss hot cocoa mix
- one pound of sour skittles
- movie theatre sized boxes of:
- Milk duds
- twizzler twists
- mike n' ikes
- nine packages of microwave popcorn
- and ten dvds:
- chicken run
- because of winn-dixie
- the adventures of milo and otis
- the princess diaries
- alvin & the chipmunks "trick or treason"
- my little pony: the princess promenade (which we will be gifting to the neighbor's 4yr old daughter).
- A DVD player
I promise a follow up post is in the very near future with some knitting bits. Because let's face it, any of my "free" moments have involved me knitting furiously in an effort to finish up some birthday gift items or working with Bosley on his puppy school progress.