05 September 2006

last week, in knitting

I managed to finish sock #1, of my trek-a-long, knit-a-long, toe up, thigh high. First sock ever! and done almost entirely without a legit pattern. I spent a lot of quality time with a measuring tape, and more time frogging than I'd like to admit. But, I did it. Which makes victory even sweeter. I made it. I am pleased with myself, and have done the appropriate "superior dance" (how's that for an oooooold SNL reference?).

In other knitting news, I'm nearing completion on my first set of Knucks. These are a commision for a friend who bought all the supplies. I just need to finish them, and embroider them once he determines the text.




And finally, even though its not it's turn yet, I broke down and started swatching for my Voodoos.. in the Twizzle yarn, by Mountain Colors, that I brought back from Montana with me. I reaaaaalllly want to start playing with my Montana yarn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, I love the thigh high sock. The colors are lovely. Oh yes, Welcome to PRKG's too, by the way.

MsFortuknit said...

Those are foxy

MsFortuknit said...

These are fantastic