11 September 2006

if rainy days could always mean boxes of yarn in the mail

I had not one, but two boxes arrive this week from KnitPicks. Oh glorious day!

One, is a box I've been waiting for somewhat impatiently. I opted to ship my package to work, instead of home. Of course in doing so I was sloppy with the postal code and my box went on a circuitous route only to end up back at KnitPicks instead of here waiting for me to fondle its contents. Unfortunately for me (and my secret pal) that MIA box contained the two key components in my Whose Lace is it Anyway? swap. Tis my first swap and I boogered it up. Go Me!!

Well its here now, although already packed along with some other items and prepared to hit the post on Monday, and its lovely! Aside from my missing swap components, the box contained Merino Style that I want to use for a pair of Knucks (for a birthday that is now in.. 15 days, halfway across the country) and Swish superwash for a pair of Pedicure socks. I have determined that I am a fan of the Alpaca Cloud (for my swappee), and the pattern I ordered for her. It was really hard for me to package them up and prepare them for travel.

It's ok though. I think I am going to survive. I opened box number two... three skeins of Alpaca Cloud.. in Tidepool.. WHICH IS FREAKIN' LOVELY AND AMAZING AS ALL HELL!! and... one of those new super fantastic looking chart keepers that snaps up like an easel!! Seems my incoming swap pal is from Australia (still don't know who she is) and she sent *me* some KnitPick spoilings as well! She warned me to be on the lookout for a second package coming from across the sea as well. I'm wicked excited for all of this. I love my loot so far, and I hope my pal loves her loot as well. Its a first-time swap for the both of us.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs though, that with all of this yarny goodness, my card reader is no where to be seen. Of course, its cord is hanging out of the back of my computer. Which means one of two things, but most likely a combination.

My puppy ate it. Or my stash did. I think it might have fallen into the living room stash, as I can't find it, I believe Prof. Bosley may have liberated it for his own utilization. (he made off with it once before, going so far as to gnaw on the card that was in the slot).

Pictures will follow. I assure you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dont worry, I think I sent the wrong yarn. The yarn I got for I think is for crocheting not knitting. opps.

happy knitting