01 December 2006

Long over due Sockret Pal love



I'm a thousand years behind in posting about my Sockret Pal.

This is quite simply a super awesome package. Mail does have a snazzy way of brightening things up when life is feeling dreary. A couple of items are not pictured. ut Bosley filled in and modeled his new polar fleece puppy jacket. My pal sent the Interweave knits holiday issue, that was in my knitting bag during photo time, as well as some knit picks dpns that were there as well. She even sent treats for the Sprout!

Spruce is a completely gorgeous colourway of one of my favorite yarns on the planet (Bearfoot by Mountain Colors). I'm so smitten with its smushiness and the gentle gradiations in colour that I'm envisioning crafting myself some mitts from it instead of socks.

The button she sent was perfect. MMMM sour candy. The Sprout was so excited by the hot chocolates "oooooooooo faaaaancy" that she said she is going to save them for "a perfectly cozy mommy and me night" once we return home on our own. She also assured me that something so beautiful (the packets are pretty swank looking) clearly need to be used in the "good" mugs and not her plastic white tiger cocoa mug. She also commandeered the kitty magnet.

The knitpicks needles are so nice to work with, I'm looking forward to casting on my next socks and putting those shiny bits to work. As for the IWK Holiday issue? Fabulous. I read through it the first night, and there are a couple of patterns in there I would like to try. So long as I am on muscle relaxers, I'm not going to be doing anything lacy or charted.. I seem to keep losing my place and had to put one pair of socks I've been working on down.

However, the morning after I received the package, I was reaching the button hole thumb on the knitty Voodoo's I had been working on (in Mountain Colors Twizzle).. when I realized it was a buttonhole thumb, and not really what I wanted. I ended up using the thumb gusset on the "cornflower mitts" in the magazine, and adding a few other modifications to come up with a design that made my mitts everything I'd been hoping for. Talk about perfect timing. The mitts are now all finished up and can be seen in the next post down.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Looks like a great package! I've never seen Bearfoot in person, but I hear it's lovely. :0)