01 December 2006

color me gromit

I had to have some more tests, and wait for some decisions to be made. Apparently I don't just have disc problems, there is a problem with some of my vertebrae. Leave it to me to go all out. I have surgery scheduled for next week. I've been making fairly extensive efforts to find new home health care providers. I'm going stir crazy between being broken, and being trapped in my mother's house. I'm too young for one, and too old for other.

In the knitting and fiber world...


behold some bits for frosty paws. Black men's Knucks in Coal merino style (100% merino), black women's knucks in coal KP elegance (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk). Child sized fingerless mitts also in KP merino style (iris) and 'manda sized in Mountain Colors Twizzle (85% Merino Wool, 15% Silk). The fingerless mitts are the knitty voodoo, bastardized into a 'manda pattern, 2x2 rib with the thumb gusset snagged from the mitts pattern in the IW Holiday Knits issue.

On the needles I have

Striped scarf in Coal and Cloud KP Panache (40% Baby Alpaca, 20% Cashmere, 20% Silk, 20% Extrafine Merino), Grey-brown with burgandy and blue hand spun scarf on gigantor needles and crocheted scarf and matching (and in need of frogging and reknitting) hat in LB Jiffy (tis for a toddler and my hands have gotten so yarn snobby they can barely handle it). The lower right corner also has a sneaky hint of where I'm going with this toddler project.

And still to come...


Gorgeous sari silk from Mantofev, two balls of lovely domestic and tencil handspun that will become more fingerless mitts and more merino style, this time in dusk, for yet another pair of knucks.

I have my work cut out for me.

No comments: