19 December 2006

the birth of one legend, the death of another

When you're the best friend of someone who is a popular public figure (if you're in the right niche anyway) lots of aspects of your life become show fodder. Its been something I'm still adjusting to.

Before I turned into wonder gimp, I had a super surreal weekend where three randoms approached me and asked me about something that had happened with a knitting project. Aside from being a little weird (I'm remarkably reclusive) I was out of the loop and had no idea what they were talking about.

One further downside of the whole internet whatnot, and being all broke down.. I'm way behind in my podcast downloading. So uhm.. hopefully I'll get a memo so I can stay abreast of these things.

This morning when I sat down on the couch, the right knee of my infamous and oft- mentioned, diabolical penguin jammie pants, suffered a fatal rupture.

As you may know, I purchased these pants from the Old Navy store, two years ago when the Sprout was having surgery on her hip. In the times before my mother knew of the now infamous tattoo swirling around my left forearm.

(We won't even get into the time I had a hennaed right arm sleeve of bats.. and when my aunt freaked I explained it was henna, then she freaked again a month later when she realized both arms weren't washing off)

I've been sleeping in my satin-y zebra jammies, which is a nightie and therefore not the same at all. Also, that's a whole 'nother story that we so aren't getting into here. It involves pajama parties, girlie sleepovers, pillow fights, boobs on the back, a webcam, creepy drunks, a (dead)prostitute, a pancake,leopard headband, purple passion, gin- lots of gin, joy division, bauhaus, Alan Eppley and Jaime saving my ass- or defending her property- yet again.

Back to my pants. They were my favorite. Its been a good two years my friend. I'm not sure whether to save a scrap for posterity, or to burn them like one would a retired flag.



as a side note
the purchase of said pants.. and the related hospital stay..
correlated to me meeting E. Can you believe its only been two years?

2 comments:

Elizabeth Metz said...

Pish.

We've known each other forever, no matter what the calendar says.

*mwah!*

Amanda said...

haha
I was trying to *not* name drop.