05 October 2006

questionaires, KALS and stupid needle sizing

I cast on for my Soctoberfest project today. I'll hopefully post a pic tomorrow, and I'll toss in some more details about what it is exactly that I've got cooking. I've been knitting a bit lately in my downtime. I'm lacking FOs though due to pesky things like.. 'finishing'.

I've also been pawing through things looking for the 'perfect' sock pattern for the yarn I elected to use for Soctoberfest (a gorgeous bearfoote colourway that I picked up in Montana last August). I think I've found the pattern of my soctoberfest dreams, but I may need to make some adjustments needlewise.

I have three different sets of size two DPNs, and each one has its own size in metric. Guess I'm a fool for thinking that a size two.. was a size two. How did I get three sizes of size twos. dangit.

I'm sure I'm not the only one- a whole lot of these things are kicking off at once it seems.
However, it feels pretty silly to be posting so many swap questionaires with mostly the same data on all of them. I think I'm good for at least a wee bit for now though.

Next order of business will be checking up to make sure I'm on top of all of my incoming and outgoing swap related email.

No comments: