22 November 2006

Where oh where can my baby be....

Dearest Blogling,
Please excuse me for not visiting your pages and gracing you with text sooner, I know I had said in my last post that I most assuredly had not forsaken you.. but then I went and left you all by your lonesome again. By now I'm sure you've noticed my long absence.

I havnt been online for a couple of weeks, and it was definitely not at my choosing. I think the last time I wrote, I was excited that October was ending and my life was about to slow down a bit. I was *wrong* about that.


Ive been battling severe back issues for the last year (being a single mom of a sprout that doesnt walk has been hard on my back). At the Sprout's halloween party, my back went completely out, and we had to relocate to my mom's house for a few days. I found myself spending a lot of time laying down flat, and the computer chair was no place for me.

While this was happening, a dear friend of mine was involved in a a very serious accident, and shortly thereafter she passed on. I'm still overwhelmed that her life took a turn the way that it did, and now she's gone. While the loss still leaves parts of me feeling a bit raw. I find myself looking at my arm a lot- my permanent visual reminder of the principles of the transference of energy. I am infinite. We all are.

The day after the funeral, my back was still giving me trouble- I spent three days having random spasms that if I treated, meant I was sleeping. eek. Finally, my back reached a point where the medications were no longer working and the pain and spasms were out of control.

Sprout went to Gramma's.. I went to the hospital. When I left the s hospital, it was to report to Gramma's. This past Wednesday I recieved a cortisone laudal epidural. I don't know that its helped much. I'm still having a lot of problems and can't drive with my medications. Medications I'd hoped would not be necessary after the injection (my second). Some days are better than others. Yesterday was alright. Today a little worse.. and this evening the spasms are back with a vengeance. I'm scheduled with my neurosurgeon next week, and we will probably be shacking up here until at least then.

Sprout and I were scheduled to attend thanksgiving festivities with a friend's family. Due to my flare up this evening, its going to be near impossible for me to assist in Sprout-care tomorrow, so we've re-evaluated our plan and are now going to be attending a family function. So long as I can find something without dead animal in it or on it, I'm good. Oh, and a flat place to lay down with my heating pad as needed.

Hope you all have a great day, and have something in your lives to be thankful for.
Peace be with you.

No comments: