25 July 2006

more trip prep

This morning I was taking Cait to the other end of the Universe, West O, extreme West O to get some emergency repairs made to her chair. It had a massive meltdown, four days prior to departure. I spoke with her case manager at the insurance company this morning afterward, and she is going to push through the approval for the work... today. Thank you Universe. I just have to pay the extra for overnight shipping. Hopefully it all comes together ok.

Second, I took the van in for repairs. Guess who needs front brakes and tires all the way around. Its there now, while I'm here working.
Ugh. SIx stories, then I'm freeeeeee. Oh wait, I still have that grant to finish up.

In the midst of working (ew) I started peeping at fiber/ yarn opportunities while on my trip. The store I wanted to hit up in Livingston... moved to Helena the "second week in July". Gee, thanks guys. However, the store in Bozeman with a website looks like it might be *the* spot. The Yarn Shop and Fiber Company is located fairly centrally, not that its a big city or anything. They stock Mountain Colors, which are made/ dyed etc right there in the Bitteroots. *DING DING* I hope their selection is fully stocked. They are pricey, but there are some definite things on my wishlist there.

As it happens I will be there for their SnB type thing: UFO Night- Bring your UnFinished Object for a night of camaraderie and support as we encourage each other to finish projects. Mark the first Friday of each month as UFO night at The Yarn Shop. Bring yourself, your project, a snack; we'll convene from 6 to 8:30.

I just might need to hit that up. We shall see. I'm also interested in hearing more about their 'Project of the Month Kits- The Small Project of the Month (quick-to-knit gift ideas)"

We are going to be traveling home across Wyoming and staying overnight in Jackson. I found Knit on Pearl who has a website, with no content. Any one been there? Is it worth my while- outside of just going in and petting some yarn? Or The Fiber House in Sheridan, Wyoming (on the way up)? Their site says they are opening in March of 2006.

I actually just commented on the SwankyHanks blog because they had done a trip of fiber shops.. and posted about their exploits. Hopefully they will have some more insight.

Speaking of, Eliza have you seen this: The Knitters and Crocheters and Weavers and Spinners Travel Guide 2006



My trekking sock is still not done. However, I am ready to start increasing for the knee. I must have three socks worth of knitting into this bad boy already. I wanted to cast on sock #2 on my way out of town... I've told myself that as I just need to finish it before I cross into Wyoming. That gives me until about 11am Saturday (which is really noon in Omaha! Crossing the time line thingie in Murdo, SD is buying me an extra hour! woot).

No comments: